Frankie was onto something in Netflix’s Grace and Frankie – starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin.
- When Frankie develops her own homemade lube (the primary ingredient being yams).. yam lube.
Have you read the ingredient list of what goes into lubes?
- We are in theory putting super toxic shi! into the most vulnerable and permeable part of our bodies.
Most commonly sold lubricants contain ingredients that can impact the male and female reproductive system.
- The vagina and anus are highly permeable areas so anything applied topically can be absorbed into the body.
The list contains … parabens … a very common preservative in many cosmetics that are used to prevent bacterial overgrowth.
- The problem is parabens are endocrine disruptors, meaning they have an estrogenic effect in the body – they bind to the same cell receptors as our own estrogen, however, they interfere with normal, rhythmic, hormonal process.
Exposure to parabens has been associated with cancer and reproductive health issues and hormonal imbalances like fibroid s, endometriosis, infertility, and PMS. Parabens have been found inside breast tumour cells.
- Standard lubes also contain other potentially toxic ingredients like glycerine, which can contribute to yeast infections, propylene glycol; (irritating to the skin); chlorhexidine gluconate … an antibacterial that can kill healthy vaginal bacteria, making a woman more susceptible to yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis; and petroleum that is a by product of the bitumen industry … can alter vaginal pH and contribute to more nasty – pasty vaginal infections.
- Apart from that grandma always said don’t use anything you can’t pronounce.
- Boys are not forgotten
- The toxic ingredients and endocrine disruptors in lubes are easily absorbed by the penis and anus and have an effect on men’s health.
- Parabens have been associated with the rise in prostrate cancer and may contribute to male-factor infertility by affecting sperm count and sperm motility.
- Testosterone levels can also be reduced with exposure, contributing to reduced libido, erectile dysfunctions, and loss of muscle mass.
Enter Kinky Minxie … Lynnie’s Lube in a Tube Food-based
It is safe to eat, safe to apply. Oil + water based. Prebiotic + probiotic.
Gut loving, vagina and penis and anus loving… what more could you ask for?
Oils compromise the integrity of latex. So don’t use oils with a latex condom.
Remember … every body part is unique and will respond differently to the products they use.
Great to eat fermented foods to support healthy vaginal and penis flora. Kinky Minxie range is based on fermented products … what a great way to eat your fermented foods!!!
- Your vagina doesn’t need anything meant for cleaning.
- Avoid using anything like douches or vinegar or steam cleaning.
Your vagina is a self-cleaning oven that will regulate itself.
- If you have any abnormal discharge or odour it needs to be checked by a health professional.
Keep your vaginal micro-biome healthy!!
- Don’t walk around in your exercise pants all day.
- That is what the nasty yeast loves… like a mushroom … warm, dark moist areas.
- After you work out, change your clothing and put on dry clothing.
- You may like to change your knickers during the day.
- Sweaty moist knickers can lead the environment that makes yeast grow. The same of for bathing suits.
- This article is for informational purposes only.
“Sadly, the signals that allow men and women to find the partners who most please them are scrambled by the sexual insecurity initiated by beauty thinking. A woman who is self-conscious can’t relax to let her sensuality come into play.
- If she is hungry she will be tense. If she is “done up” she will be on the alert for her reflection in his eyes.
- If she is ashamed of her body, its movement will be stilled. If she does not feel entitled to claim attention, she will not demand that airspace to shine in.
- If his field of vision has been boxed in by “beauty”–a box continually shrinking–he simply will not see her, his real love, standing right before him.”
― Naomi Wolf, The Beauty Myth