Life is a combination of magic and pasta.. For non-seafood eaters – substitute prawns with tofu / tempeh.
“No man is lonely while eating spaghetti”
Here’s what we need:
- 2 kg fresh large, cooked prawns
- 500g pasta (rustic / organic spaghetti)
- 2 salted lemons/limes
- Dash of kimchi brine
- 250 g fresh parmesan cheese (grate 3/4 of the cheese, save ¼ to shave with a potato peeler for garnishing the top)
- ½ bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley
- (Roughly chopped leaves, save a bunch for garnish)
- 100 g kefir butter
- 50 ml best quality olive oil
- 3 fermented garlic cloves
Here we go:
- De-vein prawns.
- Save 2 nice looking ones for garnish, don’t peel them.
- Cut each prawn in half through the back of the prawn to keep the natural prawn shape.
- Cook spaghetti in lots of fast boiling, salted water.
- Cook until al dente. It means to the bite or with the teeth and means undercooked.
- Drain the spaghetti. Take the same pan you have just used and add butter, oil, and fry gently over low heat, taking care.
- Add prawns (including the 2 whole prawns ones as these need to be hot too.
- Add kimchi brine and hot spaghetti and loosen with the blitzed salted lemon + a little hot water if too dry.
- Finish by adding the grated parmesan, the parsley, crushed fermented garlic and seasoning.
- Serve: Pile up on a large round white plate and drizzle with some best quality olive oil.
- Sprinkle add ample handful of shaved parmesan on top and place a bunch of the reserved parsley in the middle along with your 2 whole prawns which look great as a garnish.
- Cook spaghetti in advance.
- If you do, be sure to drain it and run cold water over it until it has completely cooled.
- Then moisten with olive oil, cover, and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, simply put in a colander and run boiling water over it until heated or put in some boiling water for a minute and then drain thoroughly.
- Peel and de-vein the prawns, crush the garlic, smash lemon, and prepare cheese well in advance.
- Chop parsley closer to the time of serving or it will discolour.
We want to feed you!
(with interesting, mouth-watering updates)
P.S. FREE GIFT!
I’ll send you love letters regularly with more delicious goodies to help your life and tummy shine.
You may unsubscribe at anytime.