Raw Sauerkraut Brownies
Garnish kraut choccies by using the same soaked nut, dried or fresh fruits such as goji, raspberry, cherry or strawberry, fresh herb or fermented citrus rind to decorate.
Can also press into moulds or roll into yum balls with coconut.
Or top with Frosting.
1/2 cup sauerkraut
½ cup grated fresh beetroot, zucchini and carrot
2 cups soaked nuts (walnuts) or coconut butter for nut-free
10 fresh soft pre-soaked pitted dates
2 tablespoons coconut butter or your choice cacao butter or coconut oil
Dash of vanilla powder and chia seeds
3 tablespoons cacao powder
Whiz nuts until roughly chopped. Add sauerkraut, veggies and cacao. Process until combined. Add dates and coconut butter and process until all combined.
Press into a 15 cm square tray lined with baking paper or into moulds if desired.
Set in the freezer until firm.
Cut into small delicate portions.
Garnish if desired or serve with coconut yoghurt and berry chia tibi.
Makes 28 delicate bite sized serves.
Add hemp seeds, if desired
- Handful cashews (will need soaking)
- Handful dates (will need soaking)
- Dash of vanilla powder
- Desiccated coconut to dress
- Soak the cashews and dates for at least 2 hours to make soft enough to blend. This is a minimum soak time. You can leave for longer if you prefer. Once soaked, drain thoroughly, add a dash of vanilla and blend until you achieve a thick cream.
- Spread frosting evenly and thickly to coat the cake.
- Serve or sprinkle with desiccated coconut and garnish with walnuts or edible flowers etc.
🖤and bacteria Xxoo Lynnie