Are you sick and tired of the commercialisation surrounding Valentine’s Day? Do you want the celebration of your love to be more ecologically or naturally oriented?
This article allows you to pay homage to your loved ones in an eco-friendly way. Plus downloadable FREE easy and healthy chocolate recipes.
We should always remember how commercialized Valentine Day is; the true celebration of this day will always be love.
- Give your Valentine a rose bush or a tree (why not a beautiful organic fruit tree) to plant in the garden.
- Instead of buying chocolates with packaging sure to end up at a nearby landfill, make some treats or heart shape biscuits / cakes.
- The Heart … source of our Love, our Dreams & Desires…nothing compares to be so Beautiful & Mysterious.
- Bake a pie with “I Love You”.
- Make your love a present instead of buying one.
- Ideas: self-painted pottery, a photograph you took, hand-knitted socks, a self-composed love song, a donation in his or her name to your eco-oriented non-profit of choice.
- Fill a little basket with small home-made treats. Decorate with ribbons and sprigs from the garden.
- It’s easy to make a small heart shaped wreath. Wrap kitchen herbs and flowers along two equal lengths of wire or vine. Bind together at one end, then form a heart shape. Decorate with ribbons.
Why not start the special day with a candle lit breakfast?
Make a Herb Pillow with fabric scraps and ribbons etc.
- Air dried herbs work best. You may cheat a little with some pure essential oils if stocks are low in the garden.
Try Rosemary, Basil, Scented Geraniums etc…
Candles (paraffin-free), flowers (organic), ribbons, and handwritten, heartfelt messages.
- These are the magic ingredients to make a celebration…
- Add edible flowers to your fermentation projects – kimchi and sauerkraut come to mind
Plan an evening stroll through a nearby park, forest, or beach.
- Hold hands, stare at the stars and moon, and listen to the sounds of nature.
- If it’s raining, find a covered vista or gondola and kiss to keep warm.
- Wake up early when the sun rises and collect foraged flowers and greens and ferment for gut – loving goodness!!!
Have a family picnic under the stars or make reservations at an eco-friendly organic restaurant, or don your chef’s hat and prepare an organic feast that’s good to the taste buds and good to the planet.
“When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me.
I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have.
I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us.
I love you the most.”Unknown
From our heart to yours, Xo,
Lynnie & Thierry