The easiest path is not always the best, the best path won’t always be easy. Choose a life worth living, don’t look for the easy way out. Take these pieces of advice as guidance, not as a rule. Your life is your own and you know what’s best for you. However, keep in mind that morning is wiser than the evening.
A good life is….
- when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are.
- Life is a continuous learning experience.
- Throughout our lives we keep rising and falling, picking up important lessons along the way.
- Some of these lessons come from experience, yet there are others that we learn watching others or reading for example.
- Regardless of how difficult the path may seem, there will be mountains to climb, battles you will have to fight, oceans you will have to cross, however, stay true to the path of destiny.
There are many life lessons that we simply cannot learn until we face certain situations in our life.
But a few weeks later, you get it.
- It’s Friday night, and it’s raining.
- Rain somehow still means the same thing as it did when you were younger—cancelled plans and disappointment and inconveniences.
- Except, you’re not a child anymore, so you find yourself alone at the end of another work day and listening to the raindrops on the roof, and worrying about things like loans, and other people, and what you’re ever going to do with your life.
- And you realize that you can either handle the situation like an adult (alone with frozen pizza and Game of Thrones), or you can handle the situation like a child, and go swing.
This is how you swing:
- Find a good swing set.
- The location is important.
- You might try the beach.
- Or maybe a park with grass and trees and a basketball court.
- Not everyone belongs in the same place.
- Just make sure that, wherever you are, you can see the sky.
- Find a good swing.
- There is no “one size fits all” when it comes to swings, so it might not be perfect.
- But as long as you can work with it, then it’s okay for now.
- If the swing is damp, you have a few options: you can flip the seat over to sit on the dry side; you can try to use your hand to wipe pools of raindrops away; you can sit on your jacket (which is tied around your waist, of course).
- Or you can just sit on the wet swing.
- Because it’s raining, and sometimes you just have to let rain be rain.
- Don’t worry about losing things like your keys, your cell phone, or your dignity.
- Pump your legs.
- Your muscles won’t be used to it, so it might ache.
- You might feel it in your abs and your arms and your back, too.
- You might not be able to remember if you ever felt this kind of resistance in your muscles as a child, but don’t let that deter you.
- Just keep swinging.
- Build up callouses. You can’t live in a world of swings without some callouses.
- Lean backwards so that all you can see is sky.
- Let the sky be wide open and full of good possibilities.
- Wonder why the sky is blue.
- Wonder how the earth suspends in space.
- Wonder how you came to live under this beautiful blue sky in this small corner of the universe. Pretend that the ground and gravity do not exist, and that you’re not afraid of forever.
- Know, in this moment, that you are small.
- And yet, believe that you are invincible and immortal, and that you can do good things.
- Don’t be afraid to jump.
- Or…Be afraid to jump, and then do it anyway.
What is the true meaning of life?
- The meaning of life is to live a life committed to greater purpose, a life that transcends mere existence, a life that matters, a life that truly counts.
- The joy, peace and fulfilment you seek is in walking the path of purpose.
- Most people would say that there are some lessons that come too late, catching us off-guard and unprepared.
The following list unveils some of the most important lessons in life that people learn the hard way.
1. Walk your own path
- People like to judge other people.
- This peer pressure can make you stray from the path you started to carve for your future.
- Don’t mind other people’s aspirations, don’t ever let someone else’s goals and dreams influence your vision of life.
- It’s your path and you decide where it takes you and how long it takes you to see it through.
2. Don’t hesitate when you should act
There is an old Roman proverb that people often quote –
“Carpe diem” – meaning “Seize the day”.
- More often than not, we fail to act due to lack of confidence or courage.
- This hesitation keeps us from moving forward and puts us in a cage of wondering what might have been.
- Whenever you feel it’s time to act, take action.
- No matter the outcome, you will end up smarter than before.
3. Experience what you have learned
- No matter how much we think we know about some topic, it’s only after we have put that knowledge into use that we get confirmation of the actual level of understanding that we possess. Sure, we could read about painting, learn all the techniques and brush types, colour palettes, etc. but only when we get in front of a canvas and start painting we put our knowledge to the test.
- As EduGeeksClub’s career expert, Julia Smith once wrote: “people often face difficulties when it comes to putting what they have learned into practice; therefore all this knowledge becomes useless when it should be the fuel that propels their careers”.
4. Good things don’t come easy
- If you want to have a good life with a successful career, emotional satisfaction, and trustworthy friends you have to work hard.
- Luck can take you only so far and the rest is entirely up to you, the amount of effort you put in every day, and the ability to learn from your mistakes.
- Don’t think for a moment that someone else is going to fight your battles with the same vigour and devotion as you would.
5. Never fail to try more
- Even when we’re feeling most prepared there is a chance we fail in accomplishing our goal.
- An athlete could lead the entire race only to fall just in front of the finish line and lose.
- This doesn’t mean the athlete should stop competing; on the contrary, he would work even harder for the next competition.
- The results will come, eventually.
6. Take care of your health
Eat well. Exercise, Rest and lots of self care and some time for play.
7. Make every moment count
- Life goes by faster than we think. .
- Live your life to its full extent because life is short and we never know what tomorrow brings.
8. Live and let live
- We often try to help people when we see they’re making a mistake.
- This type of behaviour can lead us into all kinds of troubles and misunderstandings.
- Don’t force your ideas onto others, let those who want your help and guidance seek you out. Sometimes it’s best to stay away and let them come to you or you might seem intrusive to others.
9. Be flexible with your goals
- Sometimes we feel it’s the right time to take action and put our plans in motion only to realize that we were wrong.
- It’s important to analyse our current position and how our activities could influence our future. Sometimes it’s better to postpone a certain goal or even change it for the time being.
- Accepting a promotion in a bad time could get us in more trouble than good if the time is not right.
10. For every action, there’s an equal opposite reaction
- Before you say something or act in a certain way, think about the consequences.
- A person could be unprepared to hear some truth or won’t respond well to our gesture, no matter how good our intentions are. Treat each word with caution.
- Take these pieces of advice as guidance, not as a rule
- Your life is your own and you know what’s best for you.
However, keep in mind that morning is wiser than the evening.
This is the beginning of an adventure worth living for.
You’re exactly where you need to be in order to arrive at your desired destination, ever if you’re not sure where that could be.
We want to feed you!
(with interesting, mouth-watering updates)
P.S. FREE GIFT!
I’ll send you love letters regularly with more delicious goodies to help your life and tummy shine.
You may unsubscribe at anytime.