You never cage someone you love. You set them free. Letting go isn’t always about hating the other person or thinking ill of them. Sometimes, letting go is loving and forgiving them. Maybe I should pause my effort “to let go” and try understanding what I want to let go.
Is it the person who has already gone? Or is it my thoughts and dreams I am trying to let go?
- However, letting go is accepting that he hurt me, but refusing to allow that pain to cloud my memories of him.
- Letting go is knowing he is happy. I wish him well. Very grateful.
- Be grateful for the obstacles. They are indicative of change. Celebrate your empowerment to conquer, it sure beats a stagnant and repetitive life cycle. Better is coming!
- When you finally learn that a person’s behaviour has more to do with their own internal struggle than it ever did with you …You learn grace.
- Allowing you to feel at peace with yourself and to have compassion.
- But, with this understanding, comes the wisdom that even though it has nothing to do with us, when it is toxic behaviour, we don’t ever have to put up with it.
- The incapability of change or correction is a very heinous character trait.
- This is the one trait you must judge all individuals harshly by.
- And it is the singular red flag that rules over all other red flags.
- You don’t need 3 years to observe the incapability of change, just 2 weeks is sufficient.
- Wait for them to wrong you, rebuke them, then watch what they do.
- Specifically watch out for incapability of being convicted of their sin – they simply cannot understand why you feel so strongly about this or that because they cannot see how they did any wrong – they always feel that your rebukes or accusations are empty – because they are so sinless in their own eyes.
- Anyone who injures you and does not feel contrite or guilty is spiritually a monster, although their fleshy covering might look very sexy.
- By this single red flag, you can judge anyone. And this single red flag is the ultimate klaxon that points to hidden monstrosity.
- Forgive the person and learn to set boundaries out of love for yourself and for them.
- I have got all the anger out. Waste of energy. I will focus on what is happening within me.
- I know he wasn’t really a bad person and I have stopped expecting anything in return.
- I will not hold any grudge and I do forgive him, and I forgive myself.
- I’m an adult. I don’t need to really be afraid of being abandoned anymore.
- This year has been bitter sweet and I learned more than I could imagine.
- I healed, moved and walked forward but I also stopped, stumbled and fell.
- I heard ‘time heals all wounds’ but it’s not true in all the aspects.
- Time heals many wounds.
- Most wounds even, but not all wounds.
- You can let go, if you stop expecting.
- I am going to take my time and enjoy solace.
- Rediscover myself.
- Highly sensitive beings suffer more but they also love harder.
- Heal and learn to love yourself & then…
- Go live your best life with the person who wants you in your life.
- You are feeling abandoned but not a victim of it.
- It will take some work on yourself, so you don’t have fear of abandonment. (that is what it takes to not be a victim of it).
- Not one person is going to find the “perfect” person to love.
- The trick is to find someone who understands you.
- Who’s willing to learn and adapt to your flaws.
- Someone who’s willing to accept your vices.
- Who’s willing to look past everything and just love you for who you are.
- That’s what it is all about. Finding someone who’s willing to accept you, no matter how f!cked up your past is.
- Someone who’s willing to be there for you.
- Who’s willing to listen and grow.
- And vice versa.
- That’s what real relationships are about.
- About making it work.
- About making it last.
- And most importantly about making sure you both feel loved, appreciated and understood. It’s that fuc*in simple.
- The sexiest thing in the world is someone who is sure about you.
- Sometimes, all you can do is make peace with it, and move forward, knowing you did the best you could. I will miss the strong connection we had physically. But more significantly, I miss the potential of this relationship – of having this person in my life who was my best friend, soul mate and lover. It’s heartbreak all around when you realise you have both lost each other and all the dreams you shared.
- A soulmate has keys that fit our locks, and locks that fit our keys. A soul mate is not found, a soul mate is recognized! You will experience an instant, life-altering connection with your soulmate.
- As your souls will recognize each other, you will feel like you can trust them with anything, even when you barely just met them. And I feel so blessed to have experienced it in my lifetime.
- There is no right way or wrong way to do a relationship. It’s simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, communicating, being consistent and sometimes it’s just sitting together in silence, awesome sensual connection, so that you have the fucking incredible message of “You’re not alone”.
- Just like music – transport our hearts and souls to places we could only dream of.
- Let go of things that make you suffer and concentrate on what you deserve.
- Because life is all about how graciously you let go of things.
- I will concentrate on making my life count, do things I love, improve, make some one else’s day with my smile. And with doing all the things I like, I will eventually find that person.
- In the mean time, I will not dull my sparkle.
- Life is a gift and I love it, everything is working out for me, so it will love me right back.
- So what did I lose? Life isn’t over.
- Only I control what I feel, So get a fuc*in grip, as I am an awesome piece of art.
- All I have to do is forget what I feel and always remember what I deserve.
- I mean to say my future life partner will be one lucky man. Being there for each other – have each others back – the real deal!
- Love is a verb, a decision you make, it is shown by your actions not just your words.
- Be kind to one another. Kindness, empathy, understanding, tolerance, and compassion is love. The combination of these is the biggest, truest form of love.
- And always remember – You deserve to be loved and felt special EVERY single day.
Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.
- Your life is not between the moments of your birth and death.
- Your life is between now and your next breath.
- The present – the here and now – is all the life you ever get.
- So live each moment in full, in kindness and peace, without fear and regret.
- And do the best you can with what you have in this moment; because that is all you can ever expect of anyone, including yourself.
Must Read: The Power of Now
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle shows readers how to recognize themselves as the creators of their own pain, and how to have a pain-free existence by living fully in the present.
Which one(s) would serve you best to release?
The following list of 15 things, if you give up on them, will make your life a lot easier and much, much happier.
We hold on to so many things that cause us a great deal of pain, stress and suffering – and instead of letting them all go, instead of allowing ourselves to be stress free and happy – we cling on to them.
Not anymore. Starting today we will give up on all those things that no longer serve us, and we will embrace change.
Ready? Here we go ….
- Give up your need to always be right.
- There are so many of us who can’t stand the idea of being wrong – wanting to always be right – even at the risk of ending great relationships or causing a great deal of stress and pain, for us and for others.
- It’s just not worth it.
- Whenever you feel the ‘urgent’ need to jump into a fight over who is right and who is wrong, ask yourself this question:
“Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?”
What difference will that make? Is your ego really that big?
- 2. Give up your need for control.
- Be willing to give up your need to always control everything that happens to you and around you – situations, events, people, etc.
- Whether they are loved ones, co-workers, or just strangers you meet on the street – just allow them to be.
- Allow everything and everyone to be just as they are and you will see how much better will that make you feel.
3. Give up on blame.
- Give up on your need to blame others for what you have or don’t have, for what you feel or don’t feel.
- Stop giving your powers away and start taking responsibility for your life.
4. Give up your self-defeating self-talk.
- Oh my.
- How many people are hurting themselves because of their negative, polluted and repetitive self-defeating mindset?
- Don’t believe everything that your mind is telling you – especially if it’s negative and self-defeating. You are better than that.
5. Give up your limiting beliefs about what you can or cannot do, about what is possible or impossible.
From now on, you are no longer going to allow your limiting beliefs to keep you stuck in the wrong place.
“A belief is not an idea held by the mind, it is an idea that holds the mind”Elly Roselle
6. Give up complaining.
- Give up your constant need to complain about those many, many, maaany things – people, situations, events that make you unhappy, sad and depressed.
- Nobody can make you unhappy, no situation can make you sad or miserable unless you allow it to.
- It’s not the situation that triggers those feelings in you, but how you choose to look at it.
- Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.
7. Give up the luxury of criticism.
- Give up your need to criticize things, events or people that are different than you.
- We are all different, yet we are all the same.
- We all want to be happy, we all want to love and be loved and we all want to be understood.
- We all want something, and something is wished by us all.
8. Give up your need to impress others.
- Stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not just to make others like you.
- It doesn’t work this way.
- The moment you stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not, the moment you take of all your masks, the moment you accept and embrace the real you, you will find people will be drawn to you, effortlessly.
9. Give up your resistance to change.
- Change is good.
- Change will help you move from A to B.
- Change will help you make improvements in your life and also the lives of those around you.
- Follow your bliss, embrace change – don’t resist it.
10. Give up labels.
- Stop labelling those things, people or events that you don’t understand as being weird or different and try opening your mind, little by little.
- Minds only work when open.
“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
11. Give up on your fears.
- Fear is just an illusion, it doesn’t exist – you created it.
- It’s all in your mind.
- Correct the inside and the outside will fall into place.
“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
12. Give up your excuses.
- Send them packing and tell them they’re fired.
- You no longer need them.
- A lot of times we limit ourselves because of the many excuses we use.
- Instead of growing and working on improving ourselves and our lives, we get stuck, lying to ourselves, using all kind of excuses – excuses that 99.9% of the time are not even real.
13. Give up the past.
- I know, I know. It’s hard.
- Especially when the past looks so much better than the present and the future looks so frightening, but you have to take into consideration the fact that the present moment is all you have and all you will ever have.
- The past you are now longing for – the past that you are now dreaming about – was ignored by you when it was present.
- Stop deluding yourself.
- Be present in everything you do and enjoy life.
- After all life is a journey not a destination.
- Have a clear vision for the future, prepare yourself, but always be present in the now.
14. Give up attachment.
- This is a concept that, for most of us is so hard to grasp and I have to tell you that it was for me too, (it still is) but it’s not something impossible.
- You get better and better at with time and practice.
- The moment you detach yourself from all things, (and that doesn’t mean you give up your love for them – because love and attachment have nothing to do with one another, attachment comes from a place of fear, while love… well, real love is pure, kind, and self less, where there is love there can’t be fear, and because of that, attachment and love cannot coexist) you become so peaceful, so tolerant, so kind, and so serene.
- You will get to a place where you will be able to understand all things without even trying.
- A state beyond words.
15. Give up living your life to other people’s expectations.
- Way too many people are living a life that is not theirs to live.
- They live their lives according to what others think is best for them, they live their lives according to what their parents think is best for them, to what their friends, their enemies and their teachers, their government and the media think is best for them.
- They ignore their inner voice, that inner calling.
- They are so busy with pleasing everybody, with living up to other people’s expectations, that they lose control over their lives.
- They forget what makes them happy, what they want, what they need….and eventually they forget about themselves.
- You have one life – this one right now – you must live it, own it, and especially don’t let other people’s opinions distract you from your path.
- I love Stephen King, but I got a little tired of how often the female characters cry in some of his books. Are none of the men able to cry?
- It’s a classic example of how traditional gender stereotypes end up restricting and even hurting us.
- Many people struggle with expressing themselves, but men, in particular, are often specifically taught not to show their emotions.
- Because women are often viewed as “sensitive,” it’s socially acceptable for them to express their feelings, like sadness or fear.
- But men, who are seen as strong and fearless, are not encouraged to outwardly express their emotions.
- These cultural norms and gender stereotypes have been circulating for generations, and they can be toxic, especially for males.
- Men who express their emotions are often seen as weak.
- Because of that, many men neglect to show their emotions because they’re afraid of the repercussions.
- However, suppressing emotions and feelings can be incredibly detrimental to a man’s mental health.
- No man should ever be shamed for being emotional.
So, men are born with emotions.
It’s just society that tries to mould men into the cold, emotionless beings people love to stereotype dudes as.
I grew up strong and tough. I could do anything that my beloved male cousin could. We had a Grandfather, who was the manliest dude you’d ever see, a man who could have a heart attack and drive himself to the hospital without uttering a single word of pain.
And who would weep watching a lamb get torn from its mother and drown in the dam before he could save it.
You can be the biggest, bad ass dude out there, a tattooed, rough-voiced, calloused son-of-a-bitch with scars that tell stories for days and yet… hide a sensitive soul underneath.
- I’ve seen grown men weep as their daughters walked the aisle.
- Seen them cry hearing they would be grandparents.
- Or simply when missing someone dearly and remembering them.
- My big strong dad lost a beloved dog (Peter Stein), and wept like a baby because that dog was his whole life, best buddy who never betrayed him and never hurt him in a world that was often unkind.
- And that’s okay. There’s no shame in it.
- I’m not too fond of grown dudes who fall and scratch their knees and bawl like babies but emotional pain?
- That deserves all the tears you wish to shed.
I say congrats to all the guys that can be honest with their emotions.
You are the true masculine ones!!
If you have a problem with that, that’s on you.
We’ve been focusing for far too long on what masculinity isn’t.
Perhaps now is the time we do.
From the Worlds Best Life Changing Book… I would say that the book carries many gifts.
The one secret that spoke to me most.
Was the practical approach and the fix which doesn’t necessarily come overnight.
“As he thinks, so he is: as he continues, so he remains”. As A Man Thinketh (1903) – James Allen
Meaning – Look within first, other wise we are bound to lose“As a man thinketh in his heart, so shall he be” “for you will always gravitate toward that which you, secretly, most love.”
The following is very cool, and it’s written by a man (Rahul Kaushik) check out the bottom link for more.
So not all tantrums are tantrums. Sometimes, she is just too scared to trust.
She was born into judgments.
She was made to feel insecure about her body, her ways, and her talks.
She was always chained to behave “a particular” way.
So don’t bring to her “How I want my girl to be.”
- Just let her be free.
- Let her be wrong.
- Let her be wild.
- Let her be not “lady-like.”
- She does not want to be told how she should be.
- She wants you to hold her and tell her that she is perfect the way she is.
- That’s what a girl wants the most in the boy she loves.
- She wants him to love her, admire her, and treasure her for what she really is. If you want her to become someone else for you to keep loving her, then you are not loving her. You are just petting her. You want to own a slave, a made to order barbie doll.
- Make her feel special. Tell her that she looks amazing.
- Tell her that pimples don’t take away her beauty.
- Tell her that even on her bad days, you find her hair perfect.
- Tell her that she is so much more than her looks.
- Tell her how amazing her thoughts are, her brain, her heart, and her dreams.
- Even the strongest girl needs her man to tell her that he loves her, that she is worth loving.
- She wants to feel safe with you, feel protected, and feel free.
- Only a strong masculine man can make her feel equally strong in a relationship.
- Don’t give her happiness in your efforts, in your gifts.
- Just support her to find and be her own happiness.
Men think that you can’t understand what a woman wants.
But the truth is she wants what any soul wants.
She wants to be respected, loved, and appreciated.
That’s all, a girl standing in front of a boy who means it when he says “I Love You.”
Stop chasing the wrong one. The right one won’t run.
~ Rahul Kaushik 🙂
To read more such writings, you can order debut book on his website.
— with Rahul Kaushik.
Spread your wings & fly
You will get there when you are meant to get there. So relax, breathe & be patient.
Love you to the moon and back, up to the stars and back down to the sea for eternity & beyond.