Kefir is made using kefir grains, which contain a variety of bacteria and yeasts. These grains are fermented in milk to produce a drink that looks a bit like thin yoghurt. Are you looking for an easy way to get your daily dose of probiotics? Are you looking for something easier than eating sauerkraut everyday?
How to Cultivate Your Ancestors!!!
It took around 3 billion, 799 million, 800,000 years for us to evolve from our ancient, single-celled bacterial ancestors into the complex human beings we are today.
- Kefir, often pronounced KeeFer, but is actually supposed to be pronounced KuhFeer, is a lightly carbonated, fermented dairy drink, which tastes kind of like a carbonated yogurt.
- It is very healthy, and a perfect source of probiotics.
- Lactose intolerant people can often drink kefir, since there’s very little lactose in this drink.
- It takes 24 hours to lacto-ferment a batch of kefir.
- It needs only two ingredients – starter, and animal milk (not seed or nut milk).
Milk Kefir Health Benefits
- Kefir contains tryptophan, an essential amino acid that scientists believe has a relaxing effect on the nervous system, which helps the body with the processes that move food through the digestive tract.
- Scientists have found that the “good” bacteria in fermented foods like milk kefir may support cardiovascular health.
- Milk Kefir is attributed with many health benefits.
- Here are our top 5.
- Supports immunity
- Helps to maintain and support normal metabolism
- Helps to maintain the body’s energy levels
- Helps to restore balance in your gut
- Helps to maintain healthy teeth and bones
Quick Milk Kefir Bread
- In our kitchen we ❤ making bread by hand.
- Bread baking is all about timing.
- We follow a family bush ritual in starting the process.
- The starter is left by running water in a bush environment for a number of days.
- Today, we know it is the microbes in the organic grain that has the most impact on fermentation.
- But tradition is the glue that sticks a family together 👪
- But as for bread machines, you can’t argue with convenience and temperamental sour dough starters.
- Pop in milk kefir and flour and go to bed.
- On waking turn on and fresh, delicious bread 3-4 hours later!
- That even has the sour dough taste.
How can I enjoy milk kefir?
We want to feed you!
(with interesting, mouth-watering updates)
P.S. FREE GIFT!
I’ll send you love letters regularly with more delicious goodies to help your life and tummy shine.
You may unsubscribe at anytime.