In memory of our beautiful boxer boy – Kaiser Stein aged 8 years – 28th February 1999 – 10th April 2007
To our beautiful boy, Kaiser, you will always be remembered as Mummy’s baby, a true free spirit, a loving nature, sadly missed by your brother Beau and adopted sister Bonnie, Mummy, Daddy and your little friend Thierry.
Tuesday, April 10th 2007 was a sad day. After returning from a two week holiday. we found that our special boy Kaiser had wasted away and was ready to leave us. After saying his goodbyes, Kaiser passed away. Many a tear was shed and now all we have are special memories that he left us with.
A tribute to a much beloved dog, Kaiser :
- “Death is like taking off a tight shoe,” writes Pat Rodegast in her book,
- “Even when your dead you’re still alive.
- You do not cease to exist in death, that’s only illusion.
- You go through the doorway of death alive, and there is no altering of the consciousness.
- It’s not a strange land that you go to, but a land of living reality where the growth process is a continuation.”
- May 1st, 2007 – 3 weeks have past and we miss you so much.
- We have just cooked your favourite meal and again we forgot and put 3 bowls out, Beau and Bonnie kept looking around for you.
- The day after you left us, I am sure your spirit came down to check us and tell us you were still around, as I was watering beside your dog house, the most beautiful blue and black dragonfly came following me.
- Thierry misses you so much, we bought a book called – Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant, although he tells us that you are not sleeping up in the clouds, he say’s “Mummy, dogs sleep in dog houses and not to worry that Kaiser will come home”.
- I so wish you could still be here. I miss you putting your nose around your bowl when you eat and I now know you were the culprit for peeing on the patio post (although I wish you still were peeing on the post, after all it only takes a quick spray with the hose and we would rather have you with us).
- I also know where your poo spots were and I still keep going to those everyday as well as the other 2 dogs spots, just in case Thierry is correct and you do come home.
- Bonnie has taken over the alpha dog role and is like a pup again, she is not as good as watchdog as you, but is enjoying being “boss dog”, Beau is missing you heaps but enjoying all the extra cuddles.
- My dearest boy, Kaiser, many tears have flowed, I was lucky enough to keep your towel from that last beautiful moment we had, and I give the towel a goodnight cuddle each night.
- We will always love you.
- We put a beautiful photo of you in a lovely silver photo frame, right up in the corner of your dog house, you will always look down on Bonnie and Beau and still be boss of the house.
“At last again I see your face,
grieve not, I am in a better place.”
– Carol Walker, ‘Golden Eyes’.
“Losing a dog leaves a hole in your heart,
You simply just wait for your life to restart.”
– Glenda Gillis.
“So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say.”
– Susan A. Jackson, ‘May I Go Now’.
“Friend, please don’t mourn for me
… And within your heart I long to stay.”
– Chelsea Hanson, ‘I’m Still Here’.
“Now I must go by some other round,
Which I shall never find.”
– Rudyard Kipling, ‘Four Feet’.
Don’t think of her as gone away –
her journey’s just begun.”
– Ellen Brenneman, ‘Her Journey’s Just Begun’.
“There’s something missing in my home,
I feel it day and night.”
– Susanne Taylor, ‘My Forever Pet’.
Just 5 weeks have gone and your beautiful brother Beau joins you in doggie heaven, please take care of these two special boys.
Always remembered by Mummy, Dad and your little friend Thierry and your adopted sister our beautiful old white boxer Bonnie (we never thought that Bonnie would out live the boys).
Beau went peacefully in Mummy’s arms, although the tears are still falling.
We laid you to rest under the lovely big fig tree near your favourite spot overlooking the water where you used to lay in such happiness after your long walks, to cool off your big body.
We have placed another photo in your kennel.
Two beautiful little guinea pig boys have come into our lives, not as replacements but I do see both of you in them.
Purry seems to be Kaiser and Fluffy is definitely our beautiful Beau, he just eats and eats and looks at you so lovingly when you cuddle him.
Thank you boy’s for bringing so much joy into our lives, we will never forget you and will love you forever.