Four different brain neurotransmitters are responsible for happy feelings (DOSE).
Activate Your Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotonin, Endorphin.
Each of these chemicals plays a huge part in the way our bodies function: physically, mentally, and emotionally.
1. Serotonin…HAPPY HORMONE
• LISTENING TO MUSIC
• WALK IN NATURE
• SUN EXPOSURE
Eat Your Happy Food
- Fermented food products such as kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi and good quality yoghurt contain probiotics essential to ensure good intestinal health.
- Probiotics help balance the gut’s good and bad bacteria.
- When the harmful bacteria outweighs the helpful bacteria, it can create toxic by-products that research shows can negatively affect the brain.
- One of these side effects is a serotonin level drop leading to depression.
2. Dopamine…YOUR REWARD CHEMICAL
• DOING SELF CARE ACTIVITIES
• COMPLETING TASKS
• EATING GOOD FOOD
• CELEBRATING LITTLE WINS
3. Oxytocin…THE LOVE POTION
Oxytocin is the love hormone, and you get it when you lead with love rather than hate.
• HUGGING A LOVED ONE
• DEEP CONVERSATIONS
• PLAYING WITH A DOG
• GIVING COMPLIMENTS
- On your search for happiness, oxytocin may be your best friend.
- It can help fight stress, improve your relationships, and promote long-lasting positive emotions. There’s even some evidence that oxytocin could assist in physical wound healing.
- It’s in loving this world by showing how much you love it that we access the oxytocin inside ourselves.
4. ENDORPHINE…STRESS & PAIN RELIEVER
• LAUGHTER EXERCISE
• ESSENTIAL OILS
• DARK CHOCOLATE
• SPICY KIMCHI
• PHYSICAL TOUCH
- Dopamine = Happiness
- Oxytocin = Trust
- Endorphin = Learning
- Serotonin = Appreciation
While you’re here, do you want to subscribe to my weekly (ish) love letter?