Taheebo is the common name for the inner bark of the red or purple lapacho tree. This tree grows high in the Andes of the South American rainforest. The red lapacho’s purple-colored inner bark was one of the main medicines used by the Incas and has been used for over 1,000 years by the Kallawaya.(1)
The Amazing Healing Powers of Pau D’arco Taheebo (lapacho) Tea: Detoxify, Cleanse, Immune Boosting
- Taheebo tea is said to help bolster the immune system, treat fungal and parasitic infections, sexual infections, inflammations and chronic diseases.
- It also is said to help stimulate digestion, treats cancer, treats aids and improves blood health. However, please consult your health professional.
- Various health benefits of taking lapacho have been claimed in the Western media since its “discovery” by a Brazilian news magazine in the mid-1960s.
- These include treatment for terminal leukaemia and other cancers, diabetes, ulcers and rheumatism, amongst many other conditions.
Is Pau d’Arco Safe?
Pau d’arco appears to be fairly safe in the general population, though an interference with the biological cycle of Vitamin K in the body has been noted.
Pau d’arco is considered unsafe in pregnancy because of risk of miscarriage and birth defects.
Brewed in just a few minutes, Taheebo Tea is caffeine and sugar free.
- Taheebo is a favourite tonic to add to any tea blend since it doesn’t have a bitter medicinal taste and tends to help the power of other herbs in the blend.
- Combined with nettles, horsetail, comfrey leaf, alfalfa, blue spirulina and other mineral rich herbs to reconstitute frozen pure juice and tibi (water kefir) blends – making the juice into more of an “iced tea”.
Adding Taheebo to other teas, particularly in the summer when the days are warmer, the antifungal properties help to prevent them from spoiling.
Taheebo Tea remains a daily element of the preventative wellness routine. And Melissa & Julien are on a mission to make this amazing tea available to all those seeking its wellness properties! Visit:
Here’s to your wellness!