Out with the old, in with the new. Here’s to a new year, here’s to you!
Deep down we crave comfort and security. We want to slow down and be present to our lives and the people in it. We long to be happy. And who could blame us? Of course we do. Can hygge solve all of our problems? Of course not. But it can improve the quality of our daily lives in very simple, tangible ways.
- Celebrate the simple things.
- Cultivate small moments of comfort and joy.
- Minimize and simplify. Keep things tidy.
- Limit your screen time. Keep televisions and phones out of bedrooms.
- Take time out for you.
- Anticipate and celebrate the changing seasons of the year. Choose to eat seasonal foods.
- Find simple, seasonal things to make and eat. Make and eat them with people you love. Some foods you prepare might feel more nutritious, while others might feel more indulgent. Know that there is room for both in a hygge kitchen. Fill yourself full of peace & compassion and enjoy!
- Light a candle and give thanks for life’s bounty.
- Self-care, Happiness, Inner peace, & your Time
While you’re here, do you want to subscribe to my weekly love letter?