We think of growing food scraps – carrot tops, celery bottom, leek and onion bottom and pineapple tops. These can be enjoyed all over again, along with the humble cabbage – leftover leaves.
How to grow a cabbage from scraps
- Place leftover leaves in a bowl and add a small amount of water in the bottom.
- Set the bowl in an area that receives a lot of sunlight.
- Every couple of days, replace the water and mist the leaves with water.
- When roots and new leaves begin to appear, transplant the cabbage into the garden.
- Harvest when fully grown, then repeat with the new leaves.
- Make sauerkraut from the cabbage.