ARTISTRY & HYGGE
The ancient Greeks understood important chemical changes took place during fermentation, calling it “alchemy.”
Liken to a magical art aiming at the spiritual transformation of the Alchemist.
“He used alchemy to turn lead into gold” or “We used LAB to turn cabbage into a blessing”.
Turning waste into resources is like turning common metal into gold.
It is all about changing one thing into another and combining ingredients to create a new substance.
The new substance will have entirely different chemical properties and behave in a different way.
So, what is this F word all about …. We would have to be living under a rock if we have not heard the good gut-loving news about fermented food.
- Basically, our role as a human is small … our job is to provide the right environment for the good beasties to turn the good food into super-duper great gut-loving food.
- The best description without being ‘sciency’ is … the good bacteria pre-digest the food for us.
- Working like an outside gut!
- Probiotic flora also continue their relationship with us by moving into the large intestine and by establishing colonies, aid in the elimination process.
- They also produce vitamins such as B1, B2, B12, and Vitamin K.
Let us take our hearts for a walk in the forest and listen to the magic whispers of old trees …You cannot buy the right atmosphere or a sense of togetherness.
The word hygge hails from Norway.
It is translated loosely meant well-being.
- The Danish adopted the word as their own and they embody the hygge lifestyle.
- Danes are among the happiest peeps and they attribute their happiness in part to hygge.
How do you describe it in short …?
- It is an outlook on life that focuses on simple pleasures and taking the time to cultivate more of them in your life.
- It is when you give your body, mind and spirit a rest and enjoy the good things in life, like a sunrise or sunset, reading a book in front of a crackling fire, taking the time to savour a delicious mug of gourmet tea, and spending time with good food, friends and family around a table without tech disruptions.
A way of life that makes sure you live your life in a way that brings deep contentment to your soul.
- Sometimes the outer things in life (money, power, success) are not what will make us happy.
- Encouraging us to discard what does not bring JOY.
- Finding the balance between getting things done and learning to schedule downtime is what we all need to live happy-centred days.
- Your gut will love it here!!
Love and bacteria, Xo, Lynnie