Let the fire begin! This is really Cold and ‘flu prevention.
Let’s make fire cider / master tonic
What do we need:
- Gloves and well-ventilated space recommended … the aroma … very strong and may stimulate sinuses instantly.
- Chopped and grated fresh hot peppers, onions, garlic, ginger, horseradish and turmeric root.
- Here is a starting point for Fire Cider / Master Tonic …
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 hot fresh chillies – careful with cleaning, wear gloves!!!
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 2 pieces of cut turmeric
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish (gloves, well ventilated space and maybe a facemask)
- 700 ml apple cider vinegar – with the mother.
How to do it:
- Combine in bowl.
- Transfer to Fido jar.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar (made with love is always best / buy organic with the mother).
- Close and shake.
- Keep in a cool, dry place 2 weeks.
- Shake several times a day.(optional – don’t worry if you forget!)
- After 14 days squeeze and strain.
- Place a piece of muslin in strainer.
- Use the dry mixture in cooking or dressings, salsa, dips, etc.
- Fire cider is ready for use. It does not require refrigeration.
- Start with 1 tablespoon daily to strengthen immune system and fight the dreaded lurgy.
- Gargle and swallow. It is best not to dilute.
- Increase the amount every day until size of a small shot /liquor glass. If struggling with more serious infection/ illness, try 1 tablespoon of the tonic 5-6 times per day. Use smaller doses for children.
Tips … eat a slice of lemon /lime after tonic to ease the heat.
The tonic also makes a tasty salad dressing mixed with quality oil.
Or, add a dash to brines, soups, casseroles, raw chocolate etc.
Love and bacteria, xo Lynnie