Chocolate, Cacao or Cocoa contains calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, vitamins A1, B1, B2, C, D, E, phosphorous & chromium. It also contains a polyphenol called epicatechin, which is a natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant that helps to guard cells from free radical damage, which causes skin to age. Said to have three times as many antioxidants as green tea, cocoa protects skin from aging quickly.
DIY Chocolate Recipes… Feeling happy? Eat chocolate. Feeling low? Eat chocolate. Chocolate works as a fantastic mood booster, and it can also lift your skin’s ‘mood’.
A chocolate face mask is highly effective for our skin to go from dab to fab!
DIY Chocolate Facial
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon organic cocoa powder
1 tablespoon organic honey
- Place baking powder in a small bowl or cup. Add organic cocoa powder + organic honey.
- Mix in oatmeal, until a nice consistency that can be applied to the skin easily.
- The oatmeal is a great exfoliant. Creating a skin care treatment that results in clean and healthy skin. Whilst stirring in the oatmeal, you’ll need to add some water.
- A little bit goes a long way, so be careful or you’ll end up with a very runny skin care treatment!
- You may need to experiment back and forth with the oatmeal and water until you get the consistency you require.
- Wash face, then gently massage mask to face and neck.
- Leave mask for approximately ten minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Follow with your favourite moisturizer, organic coconut oil is ideal.
Feel Good Look Good Facial
Add 2 heaped teaspoons of organic cocoa to a bowl
Combine with warm water, drop by drop, until a smooth thick paste forms.
Gently apply to freshly washed, damp skin
Smooth onto the skin avoiding the eye area
Leave on for between 2 to 5 minutes
Rinse with warm water
Add ¾ warm water and ¼ warm Organic Coconut Milk if desired.
Keep refrigerated, will keep for 2 months.
Chocolate and Honey for Skin Care
How to use chocolate and honey for skin care?
- One tablespoon cacao powder and make a paste by adding raw honey.
- Apply the face mask all over the face and neck and wait until semi dry.
- Wash off using fresh water and reapply this remedy with chocolate and honey for skin care twice or thrice weekly for glowing skin.
DIY Bacterial Beauty Skin Care
How to use your bacterial products for skin care?
Chocolate Lip Balm
1 teaspoon beeswax
2 teaspoons organic prime-pressed cocoa butter
3 teaspoons organic oil of choice – organic coconut or olive oil or rice bran oil /jojoba
5-10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Slowly melt ingredients in a double boiler or in 30-second spurts in microwave.
- Cool slightly and fill recycled clean containers.
- You may like to adjust the ratio of ingredients to suit your liking.