Toasties are perfect for snack time in your cubbies or treehouse. So easy to prepare that little hands will love to create themselves – just get a grown-up to put toasties in the oven. Choose a tasty topping for a nutritious snack anytime. Then we have toasties for grown up entertaining. A Night with the Girls (Of course this could be boys too) Antipasto Board Fermented foods are a perfect addition to any antipasto platter as they will assist in digestion (for example, cheese) and are so delicious, nutritious and addictive.
Adding fermented foods to your celebrating ritual may enliven your personal ecosystem
- For toasties you need the best quality organic bread.
- We love sprouted grain varieties.
Cut the bread into small pieces (biscuit cutters are great, especially themed cutters for special occasions).
Place the shapes – fingers, triangles or whatever – on an oven tray and bake at 120C (250 F) for approx. 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- We use an Ezi cooker – turbo oven, heats whilst we cut shapes with cookie cutters, pop on tray and ready in 5 minutes.
What makes toasties special are the toppings you can put on them
- You can use ordinary things like organic peanut butter, mashed avocado, fruit spread, mashed banana, tahini, nut butter, milk kefir soft cheese or you can be very creative.
- Make a green pig (or any animal), cut out with pig cookie cutter, spread with mashed avocado and yoghurt, decorate with celery curl for tail, cherry tomato for eye, have fun and enjoy!
- Combine cooked beans of choice with chopped salad onion + minced parsley + organic yoghurt / kefir soft cheese (top with a lettuce leaf).
- Combine 3 hard-cooked eggs + chopped fine parsley + a little grated onion + organic yoghurt (could add curry powder and top with sprouts). Mashed boiled egg and yoghurt.
- Combine grated carrots + celery + grated salad onion with nut butter.
- Blend 1/2 cup sultanas + 1/2 cup each shredded cabbage / sauerkraut + grated carrots and beetroot + apples. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Moisten with organic yoghurt / milk kefir or soft chees or desired dressing.
- Mash cooked peas and add a little chopped mint.
- Mix finely grated apple and carrot with a little kefir or organic yoghurt or cottage cheese, decorate with thin slices of celery.
- Mix organic cottage cheese / kefir soft cheese with a dob of honey and chopped walnuts.
- Mix organic cottage cheese / kefir soft cheese with shredded pineapple and kiwi fruit, add a little chopped pineapple mint if your garden has it.
Combine 1/2 cup organic cottage cheese / kefir soft cheese + 3 tablespoons radishes, chopped fine + 3 tablespoons celery, chopped fine + 3 tablespoons chopped cucumber. Season add 1 tablespoon organic yoghurt. Mix until well blended.
- Grate 2 carrots, add 2 tablespoons sultanas + enough organic yoghurt or milk kefir to moisten.
- Grate cheese, add organic fruit sweetened tomato ketchup or fermented salsa, grated onion(optional).
- Mash sustainably-fished sardines.(Fish 4 ever sustainably-fished sardines with skin and bones in organic olive oil).
- In food processor – 1 cup dates + 4 tablespoons nuts.
- Add enough orange juice to make the mixture of spreading consistency / a little lemon juice added will take away the too sweet taste.
- Chopped organic dates + organic cottage cheese/ kefir soft cheese.
- 2 cups organic pitted dates 9soaked in water kefir overnight)+ 1/2 cup pineapple juice + 1 cup chopped activated nuts.
- Put dates + nuts through food processor and add pineapple.
The list of variations could go on and on – no doubt you have a few favourites we haven’t thought of.
Fun, fast & fabulous fermented food – without too much stress of producing food to entertain.
- Adding fermented foods to your celebrating ritual may enliven your personal ecosystem.
- Our motto is EASY on the tongue, EASY on the eye and EASY to prepare and eat.
- Tasty, Creative and Simple + Time to Relax with Guests.
- A Night with the Girls (Of course this could be boys too) Antipasto Board Fermented foods are a perfect addition to any antipasto platter as they will assist in digestion (for example, cheese) and are so delicious, nutritious and addictive.
- Toast toppings on our sourdough bread
- 1. Avocado with sauerkraut brine, cucumber and turmeric sauerkraut, fermented leek and micro greens
- 2. Beet kvass humus, labneh
- 3.kimchi with egg in seaweed and shitake mushrooms, wilted spinach and tiger nut cheese
- 4. fermented salsa, fermented garlic and nigella kefir soft cheese, feta, truffle olive oil,
- 5. Pink falafel pickles made into paste with soaked walnuts + cranberry & pomegranate relish. Topped with pickle + marinated coconut cheese.
- 6. Cashew sour cream topped with pineapple + fermented coconut chutney and finger lime.
- 7. Tummy lovin’ fermented turmeric and ginger paste kefir cheese, banana and microgreens, spicy pepitas.
- 8. Sprouted date bread: preserved lemon and olive paste, cashew sour cream, calcium and mineral vinegar pear.
- 9. Tiger nut cheese with fig and fire cider paste.
- 10. Cashew sour cream with medicinal liqueur soaked figs and sake herbal pear.
We toast to a happy weekend to everyone and enjoy your guests!!!
Love and bacteria, Xo, Lynnie
We want to feed you!
(with interesting, mouth-watering updates)
P.S. FREE GIFT!
I’ll send you love letters regularly with more delicious goodies to help your life and tummy shine.
You may unsubscribe at anytime.