Understanding Habits with Motivation & Transformation
- It takes 3 ingredients to form a habit: a trigger, a reward and lots of repetition.
- Fist some ???? about my eating
- Do you eat meat? Is this how you do food all the time? Do you ever dine out – that must be difficult ?
- Lahpet Thoke Q& A time at a recent fermentation workshop.
- My dear friend, Anna … “Lynnie, think about it – on social media you share mostly fermenty goodness.
- The workshop is full of foraged and strange foods to some.
- Question time whilst munching on fermented tea leaf salad.
- You share fermented flowers and say – pop them on top of sweet potato and green banana flour pizza – “Yeah!
- I am sure hubby would love that – they are thinking.”
We certainly have a powerful association with foods
Especially local food from mother nature.
- They capture something essential.
- Dining out is a special occasion and I love being with family, friends and food.
- After many decades of the most amazing life, filled with exploring and travelling many cultures, studying and working with people…
- I can share … don’t eat with Fear.
Fill yourself with peace and compassion and enjoy
- For most peeps who want to change something, it’s fairly easy to make that decision.
- Being excited and full of energy, and convinced this time we will stick to it and finely see the transformation we want to be!
- It can literally be anything from reducing weight to ditching sugar or less processed food.
- No need to feel guilty.
- We need to stop to charge food with so much power.
- Food is not a reward or a compensator for emotions.
- You are always allowed to enjoy it.
- Here we are for accountability & motivation partners.
- No one has to go their life alone!
Humans are creatures of habit.
- Sounds kind of fun, we feel in control, some thing new is happening.
- However, reality starts to kick in and more sooner than later, we fall down the rabbit hole!
- After all, becoming the new, healthier you should be rewarding, and not painful.
- We may try to convince ourselves otherwise, but virtually every facet of our daily lives is governed by one thing: habit.
- From biting our nails or checking our phones to exercising to cravings, sleep durations and eating patterns, everything we do is controlled by learned habits that are hard-wired into our brains.
- People overeat for many reasons, including anxiety, boredom or frustration.
- Sometimes we turn to eating as a way to self-meditate, since certain foods can promote feelings of happiness.
Hack Your Habits!
- To hack your own biology and make new habits form faster, start with a trigger.
- Your brain needs a cue to set off a habit loop.
- If you are trying to floss your teeth, put the floss next to your toothbrush for a strong visual sign that it’s time to start your new routine.
- Although established habits are insensitive to rewards, they don’t start out that way.
- You need to give your brain a reason to learn them.
- Long-term gaols, like a clean bill of health at the dentist, are ok, however, you might find you require more immediate help to get your habit off the ground.
- Try giving yourself a small reward each time you complete the behaviour to help reinforce the habit.
- The trick to turning a goal into a habit is repetition: requiring you to repeat the behaviour without thinking.
- Otherwise, there is always a risk that you’ll decide the reward isn’t worth it, and the habit won’t stick.
Rinse & Repeat
- Turn the goal into a habit with repetition.
- It takes a lot to have the insight, that something needs to change.
- It takes a lot of grit to come up with the resolution to take ownership.
Where to start
- How to set yourself up for success!
- How to stay motivated on your journey.
- We overestimate what we can achieve in one year, but underestimate what can be achieved in 3 years.
- I know….that sucks in our lives of instant gratification– however, it is quite powerful when you think it through.
Set yourself up for long term, sustainable success
& break your goal into small steps/ several milestone’s.
- It’s about the change of your whole entire being.
- It’s about the change of your lifestyle.
- We don’t want to lose that weight for only 6 months. We want to stay healthy, lean and active for the rest of our lives.
- It is known that millions of overweight dieters are programming themselves to get fatter.
- These unlucky individuals are following typical weight-loss programs and are being trained to become thinner version of themselves, like caterpillars becoming thinner caterpillars.
- A process that can sometimes last up to 30 days!
- During this entire process, the caterpillar stays in a cocoon and at the end of it, emerges out as a beautiful butterfly.
- Everyone can do something for 4 days and than 3 weeks, after that change we can continue.
- After that the change you want to implement is not that difficult and can be continued like the butterfly transformation.
- Can be hard to maintain the initial momentum.
- What we do is stack tiny changes.
- The biggest mistake is trying to put too many changes at once.
Why make habits if they are so hard to undo?
- Habits might seem like a bad idea, but doing everything for a reward would be even worse.
- Goal-directed learning uses so much processing power that we’d struggle to get through the day if we had to weigh up every little choice.
- They might be hard to undo, but the fact that we can perform habits without thinking makes it worth the risk.
Celebrate your success
- Acknowledge your progress and be kind to yourself. If you fall down the rabbit hole you can come back up.
- Acknowledge your progress.
- Track your success; energy levels, skin, mood, etc
- Journal about it – start small, even if only a couple of sentences each day.
- Something’s won’t work – fad DIEt’s
- There is always a lesson to learn & that in itself is progress and motivating!
- It helps to stay motivated if you see a healthy lifestyle as a holistic project.
- .Small steps – take the steps instead of the elevator.
- How about gardening? Join a community local garden.
Doing the best we can
Everything I do, I am doing the best I can
- Start the day with success – set yourself up for success for the entire day.
- This positive energy will help you to keep the momentum in case things get a little rough during the day.
Remembering ourselves as holy, whole, & wise
- Taking space for a sacred pause is an act of self-love. The body is a river of wisdom. We must learn to listen to it.
Space, time, reflection
- The world will have us believe it is a luxury – it’s not…it is a necessity!
Act like you deserve to be taken care of – YOU DO!!!
If your inner circle let’s you down, don’t be sad. We’ve got you covered…
- The Gut Academy Program is going to inspire you to grow healthy and live fully – Gut Rehab for Leanness & Longevity
- A. Total transformation in 63 days!
- Action – do limited amount of time for 63 days.
- Mind healing needs 3 cycles of 21 days.
- B. Learn how to break your own worst routines.
- Combining occupational therapy-based strategies.
- Occupations are all the things we do to occupy our time. So, each week of the program we focus on a topic related to a specific occupation.
- C. Such as Nutrition and Hydration, Intuitive Food Preparation, Gut Health, Sleep, Sex, Sensuality, Movement etc.
Who is it for?
- Don’t hang your hat on “hope” to make something change.
- YOU have to be the instrument of change in your life.
- YOU have to DO something in order for change to take place.
WHERE TO START?
We believe that everything begins and ends – with food!
Educating yourself, and others, to make better food choices, will in turn give you the power to create the healthiest version of you, your family, and future generations.
- We provide lifestyle programs that educate you on making the best healthy choices for you and your body.
- Whether you are just starting out on your own health journey and looking to change the way you eat, you want to lose weight the healthy way, or you need help to maintain your optimum weight, we have something for everyone!
- Read more:
SUBSCRIBE AND LET’S BE FRIENDS.
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE UPDATES.
I’ll send you love letters regularly with more delicious goodies to help your life and tummy shine.
You may unsubscribe at anytime.