Borrowed from the Dalai Lama
* When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
* Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
* Follow the three R s:
1. Respect for self.
2. Respect for others.
3. Responsibility for all your actions.
* Remember not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
* Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
* Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
* When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
* Spend some time alone every day.
* Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Live a good, honorable life.
Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
* A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
* In disagreement with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
* Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
* Be gentle with the earth.
* Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
* Remember the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds need for each other.
* Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Happiness is letting go of what you assume your life is supposed to be like right now and sincerely appreciating it for everything that it is.
At the end of this day, before you close your eyes, smile and be at peace with where you’ve been and grateful for what you have.
What are you grateful for today?