An increasing body of research points to the importance of maintaining gut health and a vibrant microbiome. The term “gut health” actually refers to the functioning and balance of the “good” bacteria and immune cells present in our gastrointestinal (GI) tract, which are crucial in fighting off infection-causing bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
A great way to improve gut health is to have a strong gut microbiome, which means having a varied and high count of good bacteria in our GI system.
Regularly consuming fermented foods is one way to do this…Fermentation is a process, not an event. It is not something that you set up, and it happens one day, and then stops. Plant-based.
The Fermentation Process
- It is an evolution, a gradual state of change, from fresh, to lightly fermented, to heavily fermented, to aged and past the optimum flavour and benefit.
- Many people credit home fermenting being the life saviour of health problems.
- It is not rocket science that an acidic body will be prone to dis-ease.
- Keep our internal garden alkaline and we will thrive.
- Above 7.0 is considered Alkaline and Acid is below 7.0
- People and animals should be in the 6-8 range.
- pH testing takes about 4 minutes to test yourself in the privacy of your own home.
- It is suitable for testing urine, also suitable to monitor your kombucha ferment.
- Kombucha Tea is in the 2.5 – 3.5 range.
- There appears to be a direct correspondence to pH and diseases.
- Fermented foods are part of achieving and maintaining good health.
- We also feel that by themselves, they won’t make much of a difference – you really have to remove the causes of the problems (chemicals and refined foods), and replace with a variety of truly healthy foods.
- However, many people report that after adding fermented foods they no longer crave the bad foods and fermentation does allow your body to consume vitamins not found else where.
- The first step of the fermentation dance is to establish the proper environment to encourage the good bacteria: food i.e. a sugar source (crops of choosing), bacteria such as kefir grains and temperature (for rate of reaction).
- Then wait and monitor (taste) the process and enjoy!!!
- It is so much fun!!!
YOU’RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF…
YOU WANT TO START FERMENTING…
The only problem is? You don’t know where to start
• Struggle to find time and keep motivated?
• Not sure of the correct containers and technique to use?
VIDEO #1: KEYS TO GUT HEALTH SUCCESS!
- What do you have to do to make sure your immune system is strong enough?
- What I’ve done in the first video is taken the keys to success for building a strong immune system.
- The same journey that Tom took to master and break them down for you super simply by starting with your plan.