Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday Bliss 🍩
Recipe? More of a process. Here is a starting point …
BLISS # 1
2 cups of walnuts soaked overnight in water with added kefir.
2 cups dried fruit … soft dried dates + handful of goji / dried white mulberries soaked in tibicos (water kefir) overnight.
1 cup powder (mixture of cacao, maca, pea powder / green banana flour)
1 tablespoon coconut oil and chia seeds
Dash of vanilla and sauerkraut brine / beet kvass
Shape into small balls.
Roll in coconut (some soaked in beet kvass)
Pop into freezer, for at least one hour.
We store in the freezer.
They are pure bliss even frozen.
BLISS #2 Chocolate Crackle
½ cup activated sunflower and sesame seeds
½ cup shredded coconut
1 cup cacao powder
½ cup pre-soaked chopped dates
Good scoop of apple sauerkraut
Dash of fermented lime brine
Slither of fermented ginger and turmeric
2 cups puffed cereal e.g., millet / quinoa / amaranth / rice or mixture of
• Grind seeds.
• Add remaining ingredients, except puffed cereal.
• When well blended, add puffed cereal.
• Roll in balls and sprinkle with extra shredded coconut (soak in beetroot kvass if desired).
• Place in patty papers and chill.
• Ready for party / celebration time!
Soaked nuts …50 gm almonds, 40 gm macadamias, 60 gm walnuts
100 gm dried dates
50 gm dried figs (both soaked overnight in tibicos)
2 tablespoons cacao powder
Dash of vanilla and sauerkraut brine
• Blitz and roll into BALLS
• Leave plain, or roll in additional cacao mixed with desiccated coconut.
• Roll in tempered chocolate for total Delish!
BLISS # 4 – TRUFFLES
1 cup coconut cream, 1 cup of dark chocolate pieces, dash of kimchi brine, Cacao to coat.
Can add almond meal / coconut flour / green banana flour or combination
Take off heat.
Add coconut cream + other ingredients.
Set in fridge for 4 hours.
Roll out mixture and form into balls.
Roll in cacao powder or chocolate topping.
BLISS # 5
Nut Free Chocolate
1 cup soft dates, pitted and roughly chopped and soaked in water or Tibicos
1/2 cup *chia gel
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon coconut kefir
1/2 cup popped buckwheat (soaked in kefir overnight, rinsed and dried)
Scoop of sauerkraut
½ cup grated beetroot, carrot and zucchini
1/4 cup goji berries
Dash of vanilla
• Combine dates, chia gel, cacao, sauerkraut, beetroot, and zucchini in a food processor.
• Mix until well combined. • Add popped buckwheat and goji and coconut kefir and pulse to process. • Shape into small shapes or place in small chocolate containers. • To prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands, fill a little bowl with some water to wet your fingers. It will be much easier to shape. • Can also roll in balls and top with coconut/ seeds.
• Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
• They will stay fresh for at least 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or at least 1 month or more in the freezer.
Variation: Add cinnamon, ginger (fermented ginger and turmeric) nutmeg and process.
* Chia Gel – take ¼ cup chia seeds. Add 2 cups of clean water in a jar. Shake well to combine. Give a few more shakes. Refrigerate – will keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge – ready to pop into smoothies, thicken sauces, quick desserts, treats, egg replacement in baking.
BLISS # 6
Ice Cube Tray Chocolates / Truffles (makes approx. 14)
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cacao
1/4 cup sweetness
Dash of lacto fermented brine
Filling (alternatively use * chia tibicos (water kefir) berry jam)
1/2 cup kefir cashew / macadamia butter
1 1/4 cup strawberries (fresh /thawed)
1/2 cup coconut oil
Dash of sauerkraut brine
3 tablespoons sweetness
**dash of ginger lemon / lime brine, vanilla powder
**piece of fermented ginger and turmeric
• Blitz filling ingredients until smooth in food processor and set aside.
• Blitz chocolate ingredients until smooth.
• Oil moulds / ice cube trays with coconut oil
• Using a spoon pour the chocolate into each mould.
• Coat the bottom and the sides of each mould using spoon.
• Tip: tilt the tray to make sure the trays are fully covered / coated.
• Fill each with filling.
• Top with a layer of chocolate coating.
• Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
• Remove from freezer and set on the counter for a minute or two.
• Gently twisting the ice cube tray, as you would to remove ice cubes, remove each truffle and place on a plate.
BLISS # 7
We submerge organic dried fruit in water kefir and leave overnight.
Here is an easy peasy 2 ingredient (almonds and figs) soaked treat ….
2 cups raw activated almonds (we soak and dry, all our nuts to improve digestibility)
2 cups soaked organic dried fruit.
Organic Figs and dates we use most often. Other options include organic apricots, sultanas, raisins and goji berries.
Process dried fruit in food processor until it forms a ball. Remove.
Process almonds until crumbly.
Add dried fruit in little bits and process with almonds.
The mixture should stick together.
Add a dash of lemon / lime juice, water kefir or water if required.
Remove mixture and press into a glass dish.
Chill to harden.
OR ROLL in balls in coconut or set in moulds. Enjoy!
Let me know when you try them … how blissful are they?
P.S. FREE GIFT! Subscribe and also receive your free Gut Guide